Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Fourth Sun

Astronomy is not my forte and neither do I have any inclination. The fact remains that this is the fourth day I have been watching the Sun rise after the long lull of the sound of night!!

Today’s daily pressures have almost eliminated the pleasure of that fresh air in the park. We don’t see the first pink hues in the sky when the sun invites us to end the slumber we were in. The odd man out in the park doing some daily exercises, the cleaning guys picking up that last piece of garbage from the road, the night barmaids taking the morning bus back home, the road watering machines on the job. The green leaves of spring about to wake up and deal with the daily-polluted gases. But those are happening below on the earth.

But I am looking at the sky, my windows open, the pitch darkness slowly changing to ash grey beckoning the arrival of yet another day of existence. The hues of reds and pinks follow shortly while the sun is on its way trying to break through the barriers of the silky clouds. Sounds too heavy? Lets get back to more ordinary stuff.

I take a walk along the Buddhist Temple nearby and the excitement of calmness is something you have to feel and cannot be described. I can catch a few devotees doing there asanas in front of the imposing Buddha, I come back with some vigour injected and then I finally see the Sun in its morning splendour. The average common man of course does not have time to look up, due to economic pressures. He/she has to get ready for work and then catch a few winks while on their way.

For the fourth day today I am at work in the nights and this is going to carry on for a while. So its by default that I am awake during these precious morning hours. I don’t need the day…why can’t this just continue? Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment