Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A boring page in a boring Blog!!

The Football(Soccer) phobia in Korea and particularly in Seoul is seen to be beleived. There are soccer fans and there are soccer fans but I have never seen such a passionate but disciplined crowd enjoying the euphoria.

On the first day I and some other collleagues had some work in the office while the Korea match with Togo was to start at 10 PM. Though we had installed a television in the office, we were literally kicked out of the office by 9.30. One of our seniors explained that this has the same respect as a National Holiday and we had to go out and watch the match on the giant screens installed all over Seoul. Please note that I had on directions worn a Red T Shirt too. The crowd was overwhelming, over filling and crazy with drums, torches, electronic bulbs on their heads, clapping the way Koreans do. It was fun watching the game sitting on the road in Kwanghamun with thousands of others.

The soccer mania is on and thats the first topic people discuss in office in the morning. I can see that there are a lot of dreary eyes because of the night schedules but this is all in the game. So long I had been doing without a TV as my Internet is good enough for Video demands that I have in life but I could not resist myself the temptation of getting a television just because of the World Cup, and believe it or not I have not been able to make time for watching my favourite teams matches(Brazil).

This weekend I would have to go for work since we have some integration project on and that would ofcourse guarantee that I watch all the matches!!!

The weather is changing and I hate the heat, though people from Delhi might say that I am acting like a prude. But all the same, I don't like heat at any cost. Winters are better for me.

The other day I had gone to Itaewon to the foreign goods market (we get stuff from the sub continent there) and picked up some mutton. I was told that the supplies were from Bangladesh but I found the quality quite good, and especially so after cooking and consuming the damn thing!!

Today's writing unfortunately does not have anything special in it and please...I know it. Better luck next time!!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment