Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Death

Last month saw two deaths amongst family and friends. A very dear friend was suffering from advanced liver cancer for the last one year or so and finally she found her release last month. Then there was this dear Aunt who passed away last week after a prolonged period of illness.

I still do not how to deal with death, in the sense that there is this perpetual conflict of emotions, behavior, thoughts being in control, etc. Most often than not I am absolutely lost with words to be used for consoling or offering my sympathies. I wonder if mere presence works instead of a barrage of words, or a hug perhaps. If I am in the vicinity of the situation, I try and get involved and get busy with work…and typically there is always a lot to be done. I try and hide my emotions, but these days I am finding it difficult to control them. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment