Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Curse of Freedom

Without fail repeatedly comes the evening daily

The dusk caresses the feelings of mine rather lonely

Questions there are – answers I do not have

Often they are just queries, replies I do not crave

The lamp flickers like the hopes in my mind,

The shadows trying to bring my thoughts to a grind.

The window is beyond reach and its rather too high

My connection with the world is just that little sky.

Tomorrow I am going to leave, I would be free

This is home now, from there I don’t know where to flee!!

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

  1. We all have to leave this world, may be little early or later. We cant be immortal.
    I wonder, somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives that we are dying. If they did then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. So having a permit for living in this world for certain period of time we should not compromise with the Freedom to live per we wish. Freedom lives close our heart, but it has to be earned and refreshed, else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.

    They say. Do it, whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.

    ReplyDelete