Monday, May 25, 2009

IPL Final

For some funny inexplicable reason IPL did not tingle my nerves so much as a world cup or one day series would. True to its philosophy it was a circus and perhaps I am no longer a child, though I would still love an actual circus.

At the end of it, I still find the setting rather impersonal and I could not find myself to be attached to any particular team…whether the sweety Zinta or the pompous Shahrukh…they did not appeal. Though I am from Kolkata, I just hated the KKRs and it was largely due to Buchannan and the team’s egoistic owner. A lot of times I wished doom on them and they were playing in to my hands every time.

In some way, I always wanted the underdogs to come up the curve and they did it in style. Deccan Chargers were the winners and thank God for the same.

The stars perhaps need to polish up their fire engines for next time with an overdose of hydrocarbons!! As far as KKR is concerned perhaps they need to change the coach or the owner. I would love it however if both goes. Just like in the liquor industry, Mallya perhaps can manage two competing brands albeit owned by the same company. But then who am I in the scheme of things!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment