Saturday, February 24, 2007

I hate Delhi

Somehow I don’t like Delhi!! I have nothing against anybody hailing from Delhi nor do I like to dislike the broad roads and so many other good things of Delhi. But my reaction overall is still a big NO. Now everything may not have a strong logic. Some “psychology” professionals might also raise their eyebrows because of my expression without any so called theorem. But then, who cares.

I have been in the city since the last 15 years now but still this place has not grown on me. The average driver on the road is extremely rude and keeps pushing you around. The vegetable fellows are liars on the quality and price. A lot of shopkeepers have actually done us a favor by opening their shops or that’s what they think. Even the Times of India is just another selling agent trying to peddle their news. Bad english, self boasting proclamations now and then, etc, etc. I used to dislike the HT too till such time when Vir Sanghvi took over and now I know that somehow I am biased towards people from Kolkata. Suhel Seth though pompous still manages my attention. Now when I take a head count of my friends in Delhi, 95% of them happen to have a Kolkata connection and I find this amazing, amusing and astounding.

Now you might ask why should the world care for my preferences. And I might ask you as to why are you here reading this in the first place!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment