Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar

I was watching the Oscar awards and one thing I am in awe with are the comperes and hosts. The elan with which they present the shows is truly fascinating. I can only think of a comparison here with the filmfare awards being hosted by Shahrukh and Saif.

I know for sure that I personanlly favour movies of any language provided they don't break into song and dance sequences unnecessarily. Its not that I hate Indian movies, but I am quite often haunted by thoughts that why cinema all over the world are different. Even back home the films by the renowned better film makers do not follow the schema of songs and dance sequences. Any way, thats the situation and I am not here to change the format. I can after all select the movie I want to watch and thats good enough.

Oscars are always special, since anything American is always special? Relatives settled in America. holidaying in America, movies from America, clothes got from America...you know the way people bully you with information. But lets get back to movies. I can tell you that there are a lot of Chinese and Korean movies worth watching. European movies too. The question is where do I get them. Sometimes I feel that I should be back home in Kolkata and then the Film Clubs would have come to my rescue.

This year Deepa Mehta's Water did not win and lost out to a German Movie. Every Indian worth his salt should watch that movie. I wish there are more movies produced worth the Oscars. Rang De Basanti vs. Water? Please !!! Give me a break (I am sorry Mr. Rakeysh Mehra). Itd not that I did not like the former. Its just that difference between First Class and Economy.

Good Night Folks!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment