Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Kali Temple in Vasant Kunj, DELHI


I am not sure as to what constitutes being religious and somehow I seem to find the Hindu Religion quite tolerant or perhaps I have tuned it to suit my requirements. Will God listen to me? Perhaps He/She would because if nothing else its my sincerity in my praying. I do not need to follow what you defined on how to pray to God, unless of course you could prove to me that HE/SHE came down to earth and told you how to!! Of course we have the age old documents like the Vedas etc where perhaps a lot of Code has been written but whether they were dictated by God or not is any body's guess.

So I have taken the middle path and sometimes I am not really sure what that means. Perhaps thats a seperate topic and I have deviated enough. Its just that I wanted to talk about the Kali Temple we have built in Vasant Kunj for the primary need for a place of worship(formal). When I am in Delhi do try to make a point to visit the same every week and somehow the temple premises imparts a sense of enlightenment in me. The deity of Kali really excites me and I am awed by the eyes of The Mother. I stand in front of her and it is as if she is piercing me and entering my brains and rekindling all the sedate energy inside.

Some tell me that this temple is "ALIVE" (Jagrata in Sanksrit) and that would mean that Mother is ever ready to take care of her children here. The children have to just call out her name and thats it. You can ask anything, any wish, any want and all that. She is our Mother and she listens. I know for sure and I don't have to rely on others to tell me.

On New Moon Day we have a special Puja, while most other Hindu religious occasions are celebrated there. If you are in Vasant Kunj next time, why don't you pay a visit and the best part is you need not be a Hindu to do so. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment