Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Driving License in Dubai or Luck by Chance?

When I came to Dubai the most difficult task explained to me was of getting my driving license. For any resident in Dubai this is so very true. This is the toughest accomplishment you would perhaps achieve and that too, a lot without you having too much of control.
To start from the beginning, one of the first tasks would be for you to enroll into one of those Govt recognized driving schools. You would find that when you take a normal membership your turn for classes would not occur before 3-6 months!! Sp now they would try to sell you their VIP package where you spent a substantially higher amount. This ensures that you get your classes and instructor assigned. Whether you get a good instructor or not is entirely your luck and I have know people where midway even instructors change. The worst part is there are instructors who contradict on concepts and if you happen to be one of the guinea pigs, it’s better to watch out and clarify.
There are these signal and assessment tests that you should pass easily. The former is conducted by the RTA while the ;latter would be conducted by one of the School Inspectors. Once you are done with these and your quota of classes you happily wait for the D-DAY that is the Final Road Test DAY.
You are hardly asked to drive for 2 minutes or less and that too none of the road skills would have got tested. I have seen people go for multiple tests and fail each time without understanding what better to do next time. In my case in my first test where I failed the evaluation sheet talked about me not negotiating a roundabout properly. The fact was that I never drive past a roundabout!!
So my suggestion is, ensure that you pray to the almighty for a favourable result and hope that works out and if you are an atheist let me do the praying for you.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment