Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Kind of Pizza

No matter what the original looks like in Italy, I started having Pizzas way back and that too in India. Those days you did not have the large international chains and therefore were entirely dependent on the home grown pizza restaurants. In fact in Kolkata there was only one joint serving Pizzas somewhere in Park Street. When I was in Delhi, I was introduced to the Nirula's Chain of outlets and we used to wait for any sundry occasion to either visit of call for a Pizza. Later on the international chains started coming in and we started sampling the Pizza Huts and Dominos.

My maximum no of Pizza consumptions took place while I was in Korea and that too mostly from Pizza Hut. Then somebody introduced Papa John's and I thought that the latter was a trifle better. In Dubai I have had Pizzas from the international chains as well as local restaurants. Pizza Hut is quite common all over town, while you would find Papa Johns too. The other day I located Dominos in Deira but still do not know whether they home deliver or not.

Now back to the topic itself, the kind of pizza I like is quite similar to most of you. Should be hot and there should be lots of cheese. Now there are two more specifications that I look for and they are the quantum of hotness and how crispy they are. In fact I prefer thin crust pizzas with lots of jalapenos, pepperoni and mozarrella on a pesto base. Fried buffalo wings as accompaniment and a can of acid errr.. Coke would do good!!! The best Pizza I had in Dubai is from a restaurant named Garden and this is not the one beside Ravi in Ghusais. This is somewhere inside AL NAHDA 2. Next time I will remember to post the address and contacts of this place. Satisfaction is guaranteed. Do try their pastas too. Good Stuff. 8 out of 10!!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment