Monday, February 27, 2006

Residence Reasoning : Seoul

Residence in Seoul:

What should be the criteria for selecting an area to stay? The most common answer would be the workplace. That’s because everyday morning you would not like to commute too much and would like to reach office without too much trouble.

I have a different take on the subject and I am not sure whether you would agree. I would like to stay near my friends and more in a foreign land. For example, my workplace is Incheon but I stay in Seoul. My daily commute time is about 2 hours to and fro. I somehow do not seem to mind this. I am rather more comfortable that on a holiday and weekends I am much nearer to my friends. In a foreign land it’s the non-work hours that you think about ways and means to fill up and I am sure that cannot be done alone. Not always. After an action packed holiday I would not like to travel a whole lot of time to reach home. Therefore I stay in Mapo, just above the Subway Station and for me it’s extremely convenient to reach anywhere I feel like in a reasonable amount of time.

Some others look for transportation convenience; schools perhaps, nearby markets and what have you. In Seoul the first and the third points are irrelevant because of their good spread. School is not a factor with me, so that is out.

There are a few others who stay in Inch eon but weekends they stay with other colleagues/friends. But I have an issue. I like to go back home at night, no matter where I am. So now would u agree to my point of view? Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment