Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dim Begoon

I have been in Dubai for some time now, but contrary to typical me, I have been hardly going out to eat. At work I carry sandwiches from home, while dinner I always prepare. Somehow I have not been really able to manage this inertia of mine of not going out to restaurants. So what do I typically eat these days at home. Lentils, vegetable curries, fish curry, raw cucumbers, raw onions, etc. Eggs are my favourite and I buy the low fat cholesterol free eggs for consumption. Red meat I have almost forgotten, while chicken is in the agenda once in a while. I dish I often cook is Dim Begun and you might wonder what the hell is that. The literal translation of that Bengali name would be Egg Brinjal but perhaps I would like to change the name to Planter's Egg.
Egg is self explanatory while Brinjal is also known as Egg Plant or Aubergine.

This is how I make it:

1. Buy quality Brinjals(Egg Plant, Aubergine)
2. Ensure that they are not bitter (I would be grateful if somebody tells me how to make sure of this)
3. Wash them and cut into cube like pieces
4. Have some sliced onions ready
5. Cut boiled eggs into medium cubes(or whatever that geometrical shape is called)
6. Throw in some oil in the frying pan.
7. Fry the boiled eggs until ultra light brown and keep aside.
8. In the same oil add onions and fry until ultra light brown.
9. Now put in the brinjal cubes atnd fry till semi soft.
10. Add some spices like Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder.
11. Keep frying until the spices are no longer raw.
12. Add in the eggs, salt and stir the mix occasionally without making a mess out of it.
13. EAT with Indian Breads or Mexican Tortillas.

I love this, So would you! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment