Tuesday, September 25, 2007

An India Pakistan Match

I went home early yesterday. The reason being simple. There was an India vs Pakistan match that was actually the finals of the 20 20 World Cup being played in South Africa, So this friend of mine proposed that we should go home and entertain ourselves.

The same idea was however generated in most of expats staying in Dubai and there was an expected traffic overload in the roads. We missed 7-8 0vers but then it was an extremely engrossing match.

But thats not the point. Its the concept, that myself an Indian and my friend from Pakistan went together to watch a match and enjoyed it too. At the end of the day its cricket that united us in this joint venture and I am sure there would be plenty of examples like us in Dubai or wherever.

I wish our armies at Siachen could play volleyball together. I wish our Borders with Pakistan are relaxed we could visit each other freely without the goverment agencies snooping around. I wish the people who are supporting lost causes in the name of religion divert their energies to charitable or value added ventures rather than destruction.

I wish in both our countries right from school we are taught that our elderly politicians have really screwed it all up and the common man has been left in the lurch with questionable sense of belonging.

Since everything that happens in the world are in cycles, we hope to come out of this trough soon enough. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment