Saturday, September 29, 2007

Its smoking hot on a Friday

Yesterday I had been to the local Spinneys. Bought some bitter gourd, cauliflower, cucumbers, green apples, some raw salmon steak, canned tuna, multigrain bread and some frozen raw chicken wings. I had to do all this since I am staying alone and Friday happens to be my cooking day. I cook for the week and the week just passes in a jiffy without me bothering on cooking everyday post my daily homecomimg!!

So what did I do!! I cut up the bitter gourd into small pieces and also diced some potatoes. A bit of oil in the pan and off we went. Low flame, lots of time, a bit of stirring off and on....and its a yummy fried stuff. Crispy Bitter Gourd if you may call. Goes with steamed rice and lot of bengalis like me, love it.

Next on the agenda was a Dry Cauliflower dish. Cut the flower into florets. Some cumin seeds into the pan to splutter. A few green chillies and put the florets in. Stir on high heat and put in some salt to taste. Cover for 3 minutes on medium flame and then when you open its almost done. Let it stew in the heat, stir occasionally and its done. Oil was hardly two teaspoons in a non-stick.

And the chicken wings. Vegetables to be cut into large pieces. Potatoes, Carrots, French Beans, Cauliflower and Garlic. Oil in the pan and then some green cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and a couple of bay leaves. Put in the garlic. Then fry the chicken in that concoction for sometime. Don't have to wait till its golden.

Then comes the pressure cooker. Put all these in the cooker and the vegetables too. Stir up the stuff and then put water, salt and close that lid. Put on pressure until one whistle. That's all. Have it with bread, and it would be better with the French or German ones.

That's a healthy Friday and will have a good bearing on my week too.

And by the way, did you get misled by the Title!!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment