Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekends, Weather, Walls

On weekends these days, since the weather is not so conducive for outings, I am confined to four walls in my studio. The place of course is Dubai and I did not ever fathom such a contrast with my earlier stint in Seoul.

During my early days here, I was quite enterprising in trying to find out about places to visit and other stuff. Interestingly, I also managed to locate a local friend because after going alone everywhere alone is not so much fun. So one of our first joints was the Beach. It was less than a kilometre, no waves and dark grainy sands. I was not pleased for sure.

Then came the Malls. Visited the first one. It was great. Visited the second one in Deira. Waited for a Cab for two hours. Vowed never to visit the same again. Friend talked about visiting a third. I said " Go Jump".

So nowadays I have immersed myself in Crime. That's the genre I like best when I watch DVDs and so one by one I am in this process of exhausting my local library. I have selected the next one, because this one perhaps is going to last only for another month or so.

So people ask me as to how do I spend my weekends. And I used to answer differently every time. Nowadays they have stopped asking me. The curious few ask me about the movies I have seen. But thats mored due to social etiquette rather than any special interest.

Why am I writing all this? Its just that I have not been writing for sometime now. I thought I should start. Its my fault that this piece is of no interest to you. But give me some warm up time and I will be back with a meeaaaooowww.

By the way, its still hot out there!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment