Friday, March 3, 2006

The Best of the World

Over the years we would have encountered many different people from all walks of life. They could be colleagues, fellow mates, relations and any other category you can think of and in different environments and in different times. But among them, some stand out in my mind due to a special ability they possess.

Once in school, and I was a tot at that point of time, somebody said that the bus journey from home to school was very exciting. Immediately, there was a retort from somebody that, “ Oh come on. I come in a chauffeur driven car”.

In college one day we were discussing about how many pieces of chicken could you eat. Lets say my reply was ten. There would be somebody always around to claim that if you hadn’t had twenty - Well.....

Or say, you are discussing how you enjoyed your last trip to the mountains. I exclaimed about the breathtaking views from Darjeeling. There would be somebody who would talk about the Alps in Switzerland and I would think whether my life so far was worth it!!

In another occasion, say we are discussing about the Fireworks in Seoul. There would be this guy, who would explain to you how the show in Singapore is so much better, that you have actually wasted your time.

I can pick up so many examples of how every time no matter what you did, the other guy would have claimed to be one up on you. These guys have to prove somehow that they have done better than you.

I have now since figured out, that you would do well, if you take such stuff with a pinch of salt and a dash of smirk. After all, variety is the spice of life!!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment