Saturday, March 4, 2006

The Slice of Life!!!

I love Pizza, in whatever form and toppings. So when I have to order a Pizza I am rather confused. I want all the cheese, all the toppings, all the herbs and everything else. And I always want that extra one packet of chilly sauce no matter how many you gave me in the first place!!

In Seoul there are a lot of Pizza Huts and Mr. Pizza’s. The latter is branded for the ladies and I am not sure of the reason. Perhaps its written in Korean but I have not dared to find out so far. However in Seoul I have had Pizzas but most often then not, there has been no occasion for me to get confused. My colleagues from India, most of them, are vegetarians and so while we go through the ritual of looking up the menu from head to tail, finally we land up with a vegetarian pizza with no mushrooms, no olives (I did not know they were living things, leaving aside the theory of plants being live and all that) and no “what-have-you” depending upon the people involved.

So when we order for the Pizza it comes in a box divided into separate slices by the roller knives. Let me be honest in saying that the pieces are never equal nor are the toppings equitably distributed. So, this group of 3 or 4 people pounces upon a pizza with their might, and their picks would always have more mozzarella then mine!!! Then we get into some mental pizza math. Oh No! He should not pick up another one; he’s already consumed three!!

The last two pizzas slices on the table, is my most trying moment. The probability of getting another piece proportionally diminishes depending upon the size of the group. Not just size perhaps but also what’s playing in their mind. Now, out of those two slices, one will be invariably smaller than the other. I am just about to pick the bigger one, and then somebody says, “Ravi, Could you keep that one for me. I like capsicum and there’s a lot of it on that one!!!” Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment