Sunday, March 19, 2006

Mr. Know All

Have you met this guy ever? I don’t know about you, but I seem to bump into this guy almost every other day and in myriad situations.

Be it any topic or issue, this friend of mine will interject and talk about it with an aura around his speech so convincing that you may actually believe him momentarily until I chance upon some information that proves the contrary. He is not genuine I can assure you, and in earlier days people would take him as a good salesman. Not anymore, I can assure you, and I have my logic.

We are however veering from the topic a bit and I am trying my utmost to get my brain back on track. I had a friend in school who seemed to know everything about everything. Why did our favourite soccer club lose in the finals? Pat came the answer on how the coach was actually on drugs, and his last month’s salary was unpaid. Now how was he privy to that information? To be glib is in the genes, while we dumbos are all in awe!!!

I remember this guy in college traveling with me in the same bus. He seemed to know the antecedents and whereabouts of the girls in class only to be later proven wrong in its entirety!!

There is this friend of mine who seem to know everything about anything. I can tell you, that we just tolerate him to our wits end. From music or business process or the economy of Mongolia, he knows it all.

Typically, they quote a lot of numbers while they talk, be it dates, statistics or what have you projecting this aura of authenticity. We just bear with all this since after all we are part of civilised society though it would be not be wrong to admit that sometimes I feel like a hungry bear and would like to claw this guy.

Don’t you feel the same way? Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment