Sunday, March 5, 2006

Planning for the Weekend

The working week for us consists of five full days like most of you. Saturday and Sunday are well deserved breaks and its time to do “something: especially since you are in a foreign country. Come Thursday and people start asking me for weekend ideas. Now that’s not a coveted job since satisfying every member of a group is not easy, or perhaps completely possible. In that sense, I am not sure whether it’s a job in the first place, when you deal with so many independent minds. Nevertheless, I keep getting the questions and therefore I am not giving it up. To be honest with you, I like it too. Also, I am not the only one generating ideas out here.

So lets get into the dynamics of working out the weekend plans. Now as it exists in the commercial arena, here too you would find the demand, supply and customer satisfaction related issues. So what could be the possibilities? The official list could be as follows:

a) Museums
b) Nature Parks
c) Historical Sites
d) Amusement Parks
e) Party
f) Shopping :
1) Window
2) Groceries
3) Discount Sale
g) Other Tourist Oriented Places
h) Sports

There could be more, but I shall stop here. Now in the above list the most popular category is, and you will perhaps guess it right, going shopping.

Its so interesting to make plans for shopping, because that’s what we like most, whether the final purchase is done or not. So you need to be on the look out for “Sale announcements”, flea market schedules, newspaper published events, etc. The Museums and Palaces have no takers. Since we are deficient in knowledge about our own culture, why bother with the Koreans!! And parks are not in our nature!

Parties are a good idea and we regularly seem to have them. The regular word can be explained as “once in a blue moon”. The enterprising ones went for skiing and some go for bowling. Some even go for Pool at the bars and try to use the cue. But I could promise you that playing Pool is definitely not the end objective for them, and their mind would be cued onto other more interesting ventures!!

The other interesting stuff that we do during the weekends that I have not listed above have been mentioned below since my mind says that I should, because they too are equally important weekend leisure activities:

a) Ironing Clothes
b) Washing
c) Cleaning (This is applicable for most, but some say, “why bother”)
d) Sleeping Late
e) Cooking for the week so that leftovers can be taken for lunch to office.
f) Say you are not hungry at the appropriate times so that you don’t have to cook, only to visit the kitchen later to figure out what’s left.
g) Sleep Again
h) Surf the Net and watch pirated Indian Movies illegally.

I will stop here since I have matched the “number” of items in this list with the previous one and I could promise you that the second list can be bigger.

So perhaps now you would understand the reason behind me liking the perhaps not so coveted job of planning for a weekend. If not, perhaps I could explain to you that most often then not I don’t have to and even if I do, who cares a damn!!!! Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment